Anthony B. Warren
Overview & Experience
Anthony focuses his attention to the firm’s Municipal practice group, particularly in the area of zoning and planning. He reviews and revises zoning ordinances and provides legal advice to municipalities to assist with special land use approvals, site plan review, zoning ordinance interpretations and ordinance enforcement.
Anthony assists townships with their process for reviewing applications for special land use permits for wind energy developments such as wind farms, as well as drafting language for wind ordinances. The wind energy issues he has dealt with include conflicts of interest, regulatory approvals, height regulations, and drafting conditions for resolutions. He has assisted Planning Commissions and Township Boards with issues ranging from site plan review to appointment and commission membership.
Anthony joined FSBR in 2019 as a law clerk and became an associate attorney in 2020. Prior to that, he worked in quality control at Intertape Polymer Group after graduating from Central Michigan University with an undergraduate degree in philosophy.
Before starting law school, Anthony hiked nearly 200 miles through parts of the Appalachian Trail, including the 100-mile wilderness and the White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire. He also coached fencing for the Blue Water Fencing Club.
Besides work, Anthony enjoys kayaking, hiking, fencing, table tennis, and spending time with his wife, Chloe.
- Review of renewable energy special use and site plan applications
- Marihuana enforcement and land use approvals
- Code enforcement
- Township structure and governance
- Ground and surface water regulations
Publications & Presentations
- Anthony authored the firm’s December 2020 Township E-Letter on legislative changes to the Open Meetings Act.
- In December 2020, Anthony presented on the Michigan Zoning Enabling Act at the FSBR New Officials Workshop.
Honors & Education
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2020
- Central Michigan University, B.S., Philosophy
- State Bar of Michigan
- Geoffrey Fieger Trial Practice Institute Certificate in Trial Advocacy
- Securities Law Moot Court Team