Laurie A. Taylor
Overview & Experience
Laurie provides project management, marketing, and administrative assistance to the firm and handles many non-routine and confidential assignments. She assists the firm’s Municipal Practice Group in organizing and promoting their workshop and webinar offerings. Having a passion for good writing and effective communication, she especially enjoys preparing PowerPoint presentations, drafting marketing materials for various firm events and writing bios for newly hired attorneys and administrative staff.
Laurie joined Fahey Schultz Burzych Rhodes PLC in 2019 as a part-time administrative assistant after retiring from a long career in project management. Laurie enjoys not only her work, but the learning about laws and government regulations that occurs organically while performing that work. She holds a Master of Business Administration in Materials and Logistics Management from Michigan State University and a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and French from Alma College. She held the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from 2007 through 2020.
Outside of work, Laurie has served as commodore of the Higgins Lake Boat Club, parent committee co-chair for Okemos Boy Scout Troop 109, and parent coordinator for the Okemos High School Boys’ Water Polo Team. Currently, Laurie enjoys sailing, waterskiing, snow skiing, cruising the Caribbean, and creating graduation and wedding keepsake boxes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, and Visio
- Experience working in the education, government, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, and technology sectors
Honors & Education
- Michigan State University, MBA, Materials & Logistics Management
- Alma College, BA, Business Administration & French, magna cum laude
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute
- Competent Toastmaster, Toastmasters International