Amanda J. Anderson
Overview & Experience
Amanda practices in Michigan Drain Law and Environmental Law. She is dedicated to serving the needs of Michigan’s drain and water resources commissioners and lake improvement boards so, in turn, they can effectively serve their constituents. Amanda is well-versed in navigating the complex statutory procedures of the Michigan Drain Code and Parts 307 and 309 of the Michigan Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, which gives her the foundation to successfully counsel clients through difficult legal issues.
When it comes to project management, Amanda has expertise in coordinating with clients, governmental units, and professional engineers on complex public infrastructure projects, ensuring the legal aspects are met and followed through within projected timelines. Where project management and the practice of law interconnect, Amanda excels at producing successful results.
Amanda advises clients on several aspects of law related to drains, inland lakes, and natural resources. She has counseled clients on county and intercounty drain projects, including easement acquisition. She has facilitated buffer strip agreements and advised on wetland protection through wetland banking. She has assisted clients with preparing for public meetings and hearings. Additionally, Amanda has helped clients establish legal lake levels and has also assisted in inland lake level and lake improvement proceedings. Notably, Amanda has been involved in moving legislation forward that will benefit modern-day drainage procedures.
Amanda first joined FSBR in 2020, where she was a standout individual in the firm’s summer associate program. She continued with FSBR as a law clerk during the 2020-21 academic year before passing the bar and becoming an Associate Attorney with the firm in 2021.
When she’s not helping clients overcome their legal issues, you can find Amanda enjoying the great outdoors. As a hunting enthusiast, she lives for the adrenaline of hunting and tracking whitetail deer and waterfowl. Amanda also enjoys the sport of fishing and competes in the Southern Michigan Panfish Series. Above all, Amanda enjoys spending quality time with her fiancé and hunting dog and making memories with family.
- Easement acquisition, including titlework review, easement drafting, landowner correspondence, and condemnation
- Document review and discovery for PA 222 litigation
- Public hearing preparation
- Assistance in Freedom of Information Act response
- Assistance in lake level and lake improvement proceedings
- Facilitation of buffer strip agreements, including titlework review, agreement drafting, and landowner correspondence
Honors & Education
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2021, summa cum laude
- Jurisprudence Awards in: Research, Writing, and Analysis; Business Enterprises; Healthcare Law; Contract Drafting
- Dean’s List
- B.A. in Marketing from Michigan State University’s Broad College of Business, with High Honor
- Howard O. Emorey Endowed Scholarship recipient
- Kittie Handy Fuller Scholarship recipient
- Dean’s List
- Michigan State University Extension Introduction to Lakes Online Course
- State Bar of Michigan