Kendall R. O’Connor
Overview & Experience
Kendall devotes her legal knowledge to the firm’s growing Municipal and Administrative Law practice groups. She represents township, village, and city clients in the areas of code enforcement, ordinance codification, contract review and revision, business termination, and state administrative complaint litigation. She also provides research and advice on FOIA issues, from drafting or revising FOIA policies to drafting responses to FOIA requests and reviewing the production of FOIA documents.
Kendall has significant experience drafting a variety of legal documents, including legal opinions, 425 agreements, municipal ordinances and regulations, violation letters, civil infraction forms, and joint authority agreements. She also assists clients by attending board or commission meetings, public hearings, and providing research and advice on zoning issues. Kendall strives to interpret the legalese of matters to provide her clients with answers or options that are easy to understand.
Joining FSBR in 2017 as a law clerk, Kendall became an associate attorney in November 2019. Prior to that, she worked in an administrative capacity at Michigan State University while earning her undergraduate degree in humanities.
Outside of work, Kendall enjoys baking, cooking, traveling, and spending time with family.
- Code Enforcement Cases
- Litigation related to the State Administrative Complaint Process
- Review and revision of Township Code of Ordinances
- Michigan Zoning Enabling Act
- FOIA research and advice, drafting of responses, and reviewing document production
- General contract review and revision, including interlocal agreements, independent contractor agreements, or business termination issues.
Honors & Education
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2019, magna cum laude
- Michigan State University, B.A., Humanities: Pre-Law, with honors
- State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Administrative, Regulatory and Government Law Practices Groups for the State Bar of Michigan
- Member, State Bar of Michigan Young Lawyers Section