Brittany M. Nichol
Brittany assists the firm’s growing Municipal and Drain Law Practice Groups. She concentrates on the representation of drain commissioners, townships, cities, counties, libraries, and special authorities served by the firm and provides support for the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group, researching and reviewing legal opinions and documents.
She’s proud to be part of a team that cares about its clients and wants to do the right thing. She enjoys helping her clients work through a challenging question or finding the answers they’re seeking. Her personal connection with clients and her commitment to honesty and integrity is important to her, and she enjoys the research and writing that goes into her work.
Brittany joined FSBR in 2019 following her time as an associate attorney with White Law PLLC. Her work included representing clients in a variety of areas including large civil litigation, criminal law, administrative law, general litigation, and driver license restorations. While in law school, Brittany was a judicial extern for Court of Appeals Judge Amy Ronanye Krause.
When she’s not at the office, Brittany is spending time with her husband, their two boys, and their dog. She also enjoys coaching the Haslett junior varsity girls’ basketball team.
- Zoning ordinance and ordinance review and revision, as well as ordinance enforcement
- PA 222 litigation
- Easement drafting
- Contract review
- Tax tribunal matters
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2017, summa cum laude
- Michigan State University, B.A., Communication, 2013
- All Michigan state courts
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Secretary, Ingham County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section, 2018–2019
- Board member, Ingham County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section, 2018–present
- Head coach, Haslett Girls Junior Varsity Basketball, 2018–present
- Head coach, Haslett Girls Freshman Basketball, 2015–2018
- Assistant coach, Lansing Catholic Junior Varsity Basketball, 2014–2015