David J. Szymanski
David is a driven, young attorney who started with the firm in the fall of 2022 with a focus on municipal law and litigation. In his first year with the firm, he has been involved in litigating cases in both state and federal court consisting of issues varying from contractual disputes to constitutional claims. The highlight of his young career has been his involvement in a high-profile federal case representing the interests of recreational fishers throughout Michigan.
David’s attention to detail and analytical thinking are invaluable assets in constructing effective legal strategy in every case. With a focus on honing his skills as a legal writer and building experience as a litigator, he is poised to make significant contributions to clients in the years to come.
Outside the practice of law, David enjoys spending quality time with his fiancé and their dog. He also maintains an active lifestyle as a competitive amateur golfer. In 2022, David made it to the final four of the 111th Michigan Amateur Championship at Hawk Hollow Golf Course. David passionately supports Michigan State University athletics and is a devoted fan of all Detroit sports teams, particularly the Lions.
- Municipal Law
- Code Enforcement Cases
- State and Federal Court Litigation
- Appellate Law
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Robert Morris University, B.S. in Business Administration, Economics, magna cum laude
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Collegiate Athlete playing NCAA D1 College Golf, winning Northeast Conference Championship 2019; competed in the NCAA Tournament
- Jurisprudence Award in Property Law, Constitutional Law Seminar, and Secured Transactions
- Ingham County Bar Association