Generally, no. The Michigan Zoning Enabling Act addresses the approval of special/conditional land uses and site plans. Within each Township...Read More
We are involved in our communities, our profession, and our clients' associations and activities.
Fahey Schultz Burzych Rhodes PLC is pleased to announce that 8 lawyers have been selected for inclusion in the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
Best Lawyers has published their list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 75 countries.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
- Ross K. Bower – Municipal Law
- John S. Brennan – Municipal Law
- Mark J. Burzych – Administrative / Regulatory Law, Franchise Law, and Government Relations Practice
- William K. Fahey – Administrative / Regulatory Law, Appellate Practice, Energy Law, Land Use and Zoning Law, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, Litigation – Municipal, Municipal Law, and Utilities Law
- Stacy L. Hissong – Municipal Law and Natural Resources Law
- Helen E.R. Mills – Municipal Law
- Stephen J. Rhodes – Administrative / Regulatory Law, Appellate Practice, Energy Law, and Energy Regulatory Law
- Stephen O. Schultz – Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, and Municipal Law
In addition, two Fahey Schultz Burzych Rhodes PLC attorneys have been named the 2021 Lawyer of the Year in the following practice areas:
- William K. Fahey – Litigation-Municipal, Lansing
- Stacy L. Hissong – Natural Resources Law, Lansing
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments.
Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity.
New this year is the inaugural edition of the 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognizes associates and other lawyers who are earlier in their careers for their outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States.
“Best Lawyers was founded in 1981 with the purpose of recognizing extraordinary lawyers in private practice through an exhaustive peer-review process. Nearly 40 years later, we are proud to expand our scope, while maintaining the same methodology, to recognize a different demographic of talented and deserving lawyers in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch,” says Phil Greer, CEO of Best Lawyers.
Fahey Schultz Burzych Rhodes PLC would like to congratulate the following lawyers recognized in the 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch:
- Michael J. Cole – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Matthew A. Kuschel – Land Use and Zoning Law and Municipal Law
About Fahey Schultz Burzych Rhodes PLC
Expert Counsel. Real Solutions. Since its founding in 2008, Fahey Schultz Burzych Rhodes PLC has been providing quality legal service to our clients. The lawyers of Fahey Schultz Burzych Rhodes PLC have more than 300 years of combined experience representing municipalities and drain commissioners, libraries and authorities, franchisors and franchisees, businesses, employers, and public utilities. With our breadth and depth of experience and expertise, plus our emphasis on timely service, our attorneys can successfully provide focused, economical services to our clients.
Talk to an AttorneyRequest a Consultation
At Fahey Schultz Burzych Rhodes PLC, we’ve been helping municipalities, franchised businesses, employers, and more with their legal needs since 2008. We’d love to learn how we can help you, too.